- How to incorporate presets for Lightroom
- A collection of presets to use for the enhancement of your photos
- Professional editing with Lightroom
Many say that using Lightroom presets expedite the process of editing and is quite easy for non-photographers. But just how easy these presets are, a lot of people still think that Lightroom is the best thing that happened to photography.
So as a photography enthusiast, it is important that you know how to add presets to Lightroom. There are many ways where you can learn how to add these presets, but we’ll just have to take a quick look at how easy to add these tools for the enhancement of your photos.
- First and foremost, you need to download that desired preset of yours. This is the initial step on how to add presets to Lightroom. Now, there are so many presets online, paid and free, all you need to do is carefully choose that appropriate preset for your image.
- After downloading that desired preset, you need to locate and uncompress your files. Presets come in zip mode, so there’s going to be some converting going on before opening Lightroom.
- Following its uncompressing, you can now open Lightroom, now if you’re using a Mac, the menu bar is located at the top, where you can navigate to Lightroom. If you’re using Windows, you can navigate Lightroom through Edit > Preferences.
- As soon as the Preference box appears, immediately select Presets tab.
- Then click the button, “Show Lightroom Presets Folder”.
- After clicking it, a window will appear, Finder for Mac, Explorer for Windows. When you see this, open Lightroom folder, then Develop Presets.
- Copy and paste these presets into this folder.
- Then restart Lightroom.
These are the steps on how to add presets to Lightroom. Don’t worry, though, there is a corresponding video tutorial that you can follow so you can develop your own editing style eventually. And then you will be among those who said that photo editing is quite easy with these Lightroom presets.